665 worktop, intergrated washing machine, struggling for space !

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Evans, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Evans

Evans New Member

Hi i have a 665mm worktop, and want to install an intergrated washing machine underneath.

However cause i have the boiler housed in a wall cabinet above i have the pipes running down the back wall and a waste pipe.

Instruggling to squeeze the machine in and not sure the implications of leaving a washine machine resting tight against a sink wastepipe from the sink in the bathroom the othersside of the wall !

any idea's for getting a bit more space, or will i have

get the plumber to turn the sink waste slightinly tighter to the wall saving myself maybe 10mm

or get the chippy fitting the kitchen to may this cabinet or the hinges to pertruge allowing the machine to jut out a bit more, but still haveing the washing machine in under the worktop

ARGH !

Evans

2. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Could you not put the washing machine somewhere else, ie re position the base carcases so that it can go somewhere with a bit more clearance behind?

3. Boff

Boff New Member

How far do the pipes come out from the wall?

4. bernieeccles

bernieeccles Member

if the pipes from the boiler are instaaled neatly and clipped to the wall,you shouls have no problem with clearance at all.

What is the waste pipe for ?If it is for the washing machine
    itself,then move it.I would never put a standpipe behind the washer,more so an integrated washer,just as I never put the hot/cold feed taps behind the washer because of emergency access if needed.

I can't see why you have a problem.

5. Boff

Boff New Member

Yeah exactly what I thought bernie :)

6. gint

gint Member

sounds to me like you need a 900 b/bar worktop and cut it down to approx 685 as this is whats required to turn a normal washer to look like an integrated, cos you still need to run plinth through and normal washers dont have the step in at the bottom. failing that buy aintegrated washer and install it away from boiler, no other choices i'm afraid mr evans

7. Boff

Boff New Member

He's already got an integrated washing machine.

8. Evans

Evans New Member

basically the pipes are clipped tight to the wall but but the black plastic waste pipe is coming through the back wall from the bathroom, which has a free standing sink !

the only thing i can think of is for the plumber to put this waste pipe slightly tighter to the wall ( turn it sharper downwards as it comes out ) maybe that will save me 5 - 10mm !

i have already a intergrated and it needs to go in maybe the chippy can think of something i.e put the hinges out a bit wider as the washing machine sit next to a corner cabinet

tought one really think will have to do a bit of bodging and pushing etc !

Evans

9. Boff

Boff New Member

It should fit easy if the waste pipe is tight to the wall - if the waste is from a basin it will be 32mm plus another 10mm or so for the clip - you have 65mm to play with so it shouldn't be a problem.