920mm Worktop Height Too High??

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kiteboy, Oct 24, 2018.

1. kiteboy

kiteboy New Member

Hi all

Im currently in the process of putting in howdens cabinets.....I didnt go for the howdens worktops as it would mean a join on the kitchen island which I didnt want - so I am going to source the quartz worktops locally however this will probably be 30mm top rather than the howdens 20mm

Im fitting the cabinets at 890mm at the moment as specified in the installation manual - but with 30mm on top would that mean the worktops are possibly too high at 920mm??

Would you lower the cabinets??

Also he plinth I thought was 150mm standard but is in fact 170mm - is that extra there for cutting them down when tiling??

The only integrated appliance we have is an integrated dishwasher - and all my thinking is based around how that goes in and looks really - if I lower the cabinets will that cause any issues with the integrated dishwasher in any way.........thanks for any tips....bloody lot of thinking going into this!

2. Scott Green

Scott Green Member

870 - 890 is pretty standard practice for base units even if you had 40mm worktop.

Intergrated Dishwashers are a fair bit smaller in height and will have the legs wound up about 60mm regardless so that won't be an issue

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

910 from floor is standard height so for a 30mm top go for 880 unit height.

But no reason not to drop down another 10mm if you like.

4. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

Free standing appliances tend to be 850 high. For reference.

5. Scott Green

Scott Green Member

Also cutting plinth down is common practice too, especially when flooring after the kitchen install

6. kiteboy

kiteboy New Member

Brilliant - thanks all - never fitted an integrated anything so thats new to us - ill have to get the integrated appliance door out to have a look - but thats a standard door I take it that attaches to the integrated dishwasher - thats not affected by changes in height in anyway????......sorry for dumb question

Just had a re-think I take it the integrated dishwasher has some adjustment settings somewhere??

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

Integrated dishwashers have adjustable feet, so not an issue at all.

8. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

The advice given in your other post must have not explained it sufficiently, then.

9. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

My worktops vary from 950 to 985 ... the floor slopes. Ultimately it will depend on your height ... if you are tall move them up, if short, drop them down a little.