A deep dent/cut in acrylic stone shower tray (stone slightly exposed) - should i be concerned?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Plec, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Plec

Plec Member

Hi

A small pry-bar was dropped while taking out a shower screen and hit the inside edge of my shower tray - the sharp end. This has caused a neat but deep cut in the tray down to the stone (just).

The cut is less than mm think and about 7mm long. Aesthetically, i don't care but i'm concerned that the stone is exposed (even slightly) as it is porous. My concern is that this tiny exposure could cause problems months down the line - unless i'm being over cautious?

Basically, should i be concerned - will frequent shower use cause the stone tray to become damp even with such a small exposure to the stone beneath acrylic? And if so how should i go about fixing it as removing the tray is not an option.

Could smearing it with silicon work, super glue - or can you recommend a reputable company to make it water tight/proof.

Any advice appreciated.

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

You can buy bath and shower tray filler kits !!! About £30

3. Plec

Plec Member

Thanks for the reply - i've seen some kits but they seem geared towards larger dents/chips - but i'm considering them - the one's i've seen come with a fibre glass gause. All i need is a resin (small amount) that will sit in a small dent and is hardy and waterproof. Any links to known trusted products would be greatly appreciated.

I've found a product called Milliput Epoxy Putty - has anyone tried this with an acrylic stone tray?