Adhesive Recommendation for Cupboard Door Edges

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by paj, Jun 13, 2019.

1. paj

paj Member

My Mother had a new kitchen fitted about 5 years ago. I have noticed that on a few of the doors the foil is coming away on the edges. The kitchen had a 15 year guarantee but unfortunately the company who did it have gone out of business. She is selling the property so I just want to tidy it up. Can anyone recommend an adhesive? I am thinking I would need to apply it with either a fine nozzle or brush and then tape or clamp it up.

Thanks in advance, Peter.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Couple of pics please

3. paj

paj Member

Unfortunately the house is 35 miles away and I won't be going again until sometime next week but I will take a few then. The foil is intact it has just lifted. She was always careful with the kettle to avoid any steam damage etc. I guess it was just a poor quality although not cheap kitchen.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Contact adhesive.

KIAB likes this.
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can also buy it as a spray if easier for job, might need to mask some area's before use,(from competitor).

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Yep that sounds like a plan, smear on both sides, let it go off then press from the inside outwards taking care to not get squooshed glue on the foil.

7. paj

paj Member

Thanks to all for the replies, contact adhesive it is then. I am not sure about a spray unless they come with a nozzle like wd40. When I have used it in the past it has been a fan spray. and since it's the edges of the doors not the face the gap is only a few millimetres. That's why I wondered about a brush or fine nozzle.

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Contact adhesive as chippy said. None sticks great I found.. Superglue melts everything avd makes a mess

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Ext Pva should do it. Some little wooden blocks held on with gaffer to hold it til dry