Adjustable feet for wardrobes

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Kev Cordina, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Kev Cordina

Kev Cordina New Member

I've built some wardrobes (from MFI) but am failing miserably to level them. The catalogue/instructions show some adjustable feet that fit under the sides and have a foot which you can wind up and down to level it.

Anyone got any ideas where I can get them? MFI claim about 3 weeks delivery, which isn't very helpful!

Ta

Kev

2. nivek

nivek New Member

sfd has the adjustable feet so do places like b&q and home base and most timber merchants should stock them along with the plinths and clips to fix them with.

3. Kev Cordina

Kev Cordina New Member

All I've managed to find are the ones that press up onto the flat bottom of a cabinet. I need ones that fit under the edge of a vertical sidewall, as not all of my wardrobes have bottoms in.

Kev

4. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

Hi Kev,

Those ones that are used on flat bottoms are the ones to get. You will have to fit a piece of timber inside the wardrobe plinth to mount them on though. Get a bit of 50mm by 50mm and cut it so that it one end meets the wardrobe floor and the other is as close to the bottom edge that allows for the adjustable foot seating. Screw in and glue as appropriate. This should ensure weight force is transmitted through to the floor.

MFI wardrobes usually have some plastic wedges to take any 'rock' out of the wardrobe due to an uneven floor but these can look a bit naff if you have a laminate floor.

Hope this helps,

DWD

5. bonnie the botch

bonnie the botch New Member

Hello chap, the feet that you are talking about from mfi are the best kit for the job , however as long as the carcasses were square before you pinned and glued the backs on you should have no problems packing up with hardboard strips, where possible fit your robes onto bare floor.if you are laying onto lam floor there will be a gap on the ends and under any end pannels, hope this helps

6. jasonb

jasonb New Member