Advice needed for intergrated fridge freezer

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Khurram, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Khurram

Khurram New Member

Hi
    Just need some help I'm moving into a new property next week. I will be getting a new kitchen fitted in a few months. But I need to get a fridge freezer now as I want it intergrated when the kitchen is renavated.
    So I want to know does the size of the fridge freezer matter when it comes to finding a unit to house it?
    I don't want to get a fridge freezer and not be able to get unit to house it depend on where I buy my units from.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You need a fridge freezer that is suitable to be integrated.

3. Khurram

Khurram New Member

I'm looking at some from currys they are intergrated.but is it easy to get the appropriate size of unit from any place i.e. B&q wicked wiren? I don't want to be stuck with a intergrated fridge but not able to find the unit from where I get my units

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Generally fit a standard size ie 600mm unit.

5. Khurram

Khurram New Member

So the size of the fridge freezer does not matter?

Thanks for your help I appreciate it

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Buy one to fit a 600mm carcass if that's what your kitchen design is.

7. Khurram

Khurram New Member

Thanks

8. Mblack

Mblack Member

If it’s built under they don’t go in a carcass they go between units or end panels. If it’s a tower fridge/freezer/larder then they go in a 600mm tower unit. The units are different depending on your suppliers due to door configuration but they should be able to match your fridge up.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Integrated fridges and freezers are usually freestanding ( as Mblack) says. Depending on the kitchen designer, there may be an end panel fitted next to them so they look like they’re in cabinets.

10. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

11. Consider also the split of the fridge freezer, 50/50 or 60/40 & 70/30 (which are the same thing). If you want the fridge/freezer split to line up with your worktop don't get a 50/50 split.