Advice needed

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Sandra1/, Mar 28, 2023.

  1. Sandra1/

    Sandra1/ New Member

    Hi, can anyone recommend the best approach to fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance!

    Attached Files:

  2. robertpstubbs

    robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

    It looks horrible, and I can’t tell whether there is any structural failure. What particular issues do you want to address? What is your objective?
  3. Sandra1/

    Sandra1/ New Member

    Hi Robert,

    I just want to fix the missing brick / idk fill with something but I do not want to make any mistake as I don't know what should be applied you think this is a structural issue?

    Attached Files:

  4. robertpstubbs

    robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

    If you have the right tools you can remove a damaged brick and replace it. The tools can be hand ie hammers and chisels, or power eg SDS.

    In an ideal world you find a matching brick but TBH anything would do here.

    I think you should find somebody local who can check how serious the overall deterioration is.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  5. Sandra1/

    Sandra1/ New Member

    Thank you Robert, I thought I could fix this myself...oh joy
  6. robertpstubbs

    robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

    If you just want to fill the space you could glue some bits of brick in place with mortar, or maybe even just fill the whole gap with mortar, but there is long-term deterioration which will need addressing at some time.
  7. Alan22

    Alan22 Super Member

    Is the other side neater and sound? I'm guessing this side was not seen or something and you are trying to make it cosmetically more presentable?

    A stone repair mortar with a colour through it would build the brick back up and patch a few others, but you would still have all the snottery pointing.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice