Advice on bathroom please.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Thirty16, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Thirty16

Thirty16 New Member

Hi guys and gals,

I need a little advice regarding an electric towel rail in my bathroom please.

Before I start I just want to say that I fully understand the legalities and safety reasons for having a qualified electrician installing it and that is indeed what I’m doing. However he is a friend’s boyfriend and is doing it as a favour in his spare time so I’m trying to help out by getting the foundations and cabling etc... in place for him.

Basically the towel rail will be powered by a 30mA protected supply which will run into a fused spur (only doing this as it has a timer built in which I want) which will be placed well outside the bathroom. And then T/A run from the spur underground to a wall mounted connnection box that will sit comfortably in Zone 3.

My question is, is all of what I said acceptable and safe?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Matt

2. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

If your sparky is happy with that, and happy to finalise your work then its all good.

3. Thirty16

Thirty16 New Member

Thanks. I’ll check with him when he gets back from holiday but just wanted to make sure it all sounded safe. I don’t really know the guy and although I do trust him, I just wanted a second opinion really to put the wife’s mind at ease.

Thanks again

4. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

There is no zone 3 any more. But i guess you mean more than 600mm from a bath or edge of a shower?

If so, the location sounds OK, but what do you mean be "wall mounted connnection box"? Can you provide a link or picture.