Advice on colour of woodwork

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by kellys, May 13, 2018.

1. kellys

kellys New Member

I'm painting the inside of my house to freshen up (and sell) and it's all painted jasmine white, woodwork included. The rooms are fairly small, so a warm white suits it.

This is exactly what I was going to do again, but remember really hating using the Dulux Satinwood for the poor finish it gave. Have done some research and people seem to say Johnstones Aqua Satin is much better so I'd like to give that a go. Unfortunately it doesn't come in Jasmine White.

I don't know why but in my head I think Jasmine white walls with brilliant white woodwork will look a bit odd as they're so close together, one a warmer white and one a normal brighter white. Am I being silly? Some of my rooms have a lot of woodwork in and I'm having trouble picturing how it will look.

Or should I just sod it and go for the Dulux jasmine white again, as I'm selling and won't have to live with it. At least the cutting in will be a bit quicker lol.

Any thoughts? Am I being silly, will the white be ok?
    Cheers

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Well-Known Member

All down to individual taste. Personally, I would far prefer white woodwork which in my opinion would be a nice contrast against the jasmine.
    Anyway, do you have a Johnstones decorator centre near you, I don't know but they might be able to mix up satinwood or gloss in jasmine white, or something very close.

3. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Jasmine White is a very popular colour, 3 properties I look after are all painted throughout in Jasmine White all with white satin woodwork and one with ceilings in Jasmine White also, all look very good, colour paint on skirtings to match walls would give the illusion of a taller wall/room so bear that in mind.

RolandK likes this.
  4. kellys

kellys New Member

Thanks, yes, the walls, ceilings and woodwork are currently all jasmine white, it does make the rooms look bigger. Good to hear the white next to it looks good though, thanks, i might give it a go.