Advice on cutting round door frames for laminate

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Jeri1, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Jeri1

Jeri1 New Member

I am all but done with the laminate flooring, but I can't get my head around putting last piece of laminate adjoining hall and bathroom. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on the easiest way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Usual method is to trim the door frames using a multi tool, and slide the flooring underneath

Muzungu likes this.
  3. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

It may well be that you have to slice the vertical lip off the last piece; slide it under the previously undercut frame (as per @I-Man's post) and then pull it back into place. Obviously it won't lock without the lip so use a decent wood glue and tape it in place until the glue goes off. Easy to take the lip off with a Stanley knife or similar. Make sure you don't have any debris left in the joint after you have done this, the slightest bit will leave a gap in the joint when you try to pull it back.

It does require some careful measurement to ensure the laminate is still under the frame once you pull back it into place. It's the sign of a decent job!

I-Man likes this.