Advice on hanging louvre doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Whitling2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Bludy 'ell - that was a task and a half :eek:

No need for a pro next time - you are now a bona fide badge-fixerer. Except next time straighten the frame instead :p

Nice work - they look really good. What sort of latches do you have - spring or magnetic? And don't they pull in to line the slightly-out door bottom when closed?

2. Whitling2k

Whitling2k Member

Well... I would normally just stuck a new frame in - the old doors I took out seemed to fit OK - but I didn't inspect their fit that well at all (mistake #1)... I decided to leave the door frame - after all, it's only a few spindly doors! (mistake #2) - . I then finished, plastered, painted and glossed them before making sure the replacement doors were OK to hang (mistake #3!)...

They look even better now I have put the little chrome handles on - proper modern compared to what was there before :)... 10 years till they look old fashioned again ha ha?

My latches are magnetic - I recycled the old ones for now, I'm off to SF @ dinner time to get some more modern jobbies, so I do hope they will pull the bottom tight.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. Tee-hee - that's what's called a learning curve.

Good end result tho' :)

And they look very nice in the gloss pure white - that looks like a decent finish you got there (skirting boards nicely reflected...) :D