Advice with laminate flooring

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by RMH, Apr 14, 2007.

1. RMH

RMH New Member

Hi
    I am laying some laminate floor for my sister, no problems there. We have removed the skirting and will fit new when floor is down. My question is, the floor is Ikea click and lock type but along the one wall under the floor there is a microbore manifold and I am worried about access in the future. If the skirting goes on top of the finished floor how do you get the laminate back up incase of a leak? Any advice greatfuly received.
    Thanks

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

you either make an access panel[yuk]
    screw the skiting and dont glue the plugs along the walls concerned[assuming its parralel to the floor]

or fix and hope and be prepaired to rip up for accsess

big all

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

yep i would say screw the skirting and agree an access panel will look rubbish.
    You jusy have to take a chance if you want laminate, lets face it the odds are on your side. (famous last words lol)

4. RMH

RMH New Member

Thanks guy's, I agree an access panel would look cr*p. Sods law dictates that one day it will have to come up, so I think I will screw the skirting along the last wall and use removable plugs.
    Cheers