aerial sockets

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by primesparky, Nov 9, 2003.

1. primesparky

primesparky Guest

I have recently had an experience with fitting an extension aerial socket in a block of flats with a communal aerial on the roof via a signal processor to each flat. I obtained an extension aerial socket from the 'good old B&Q' but after having run the co-ax and fitting the socket, it didn't work!
    I contacted the installing company who maintained that the 'wrong' type of extenson socket had been used and they offered to come out and fit the right type to my co-ax for a fee of £120!! Is there really any difference? If so, please explain why it didn't work. It's only terrestrial TV not satellite or cable TV.

2. SteveW

SteveW New Member

There may be some sort of filter required to prevent cross-talk and interference between signal processors.. just a thought!

3. Extensions kits are poo. TV signals just can't be split with a Y joiner whist maintaining top tv quality.

I'd suggest running all the TV cables to one point and then putting in one or two booster(s) with as many outputs as you have sockets. Then just plug the ariel into the one input. This way you can also have a Video, DVD or CCTV system linked to every TV in the house.

Anyhow, this might not suit your situation.