Affordable three-way kitchen tap

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by RobH2018, Jun 26, 2018.

1. RobH2018

RobH2018 New Member

Has anyone seen a three-way kitchen tap (hot, softened water, mains or filter water) at a reasonable price?

I can't actually see a three-way at all in Screwfix's catalogue, but I might just be missing it. Other than that I can only see 'designer ones' online for £300 for a tap... too much.

Any help?

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

I’ve been looking for one of these for a few years but also can’t understand the price of them - can’t be that match too them surely ?

Stainless tank, heating element, thermostat, blah blah blah but £500-£1000 and probably more for a good make, Quooker for instance

Would stay clear of Insinkerator brand. Have read plenty of poor reviews and know 2 friends that have/has them fitted but nothing but problems, mainly corroded tanks

Until price is more ‘reasonable’, will stick with the trusty kettle. Have filtered water from fridge anyway

4. RobH2018

RobH2018 New Member

Thanks both.

Dave good to know someone else has been looking for them! I don't need anything fancy, just three inputs to accommodate both softened and fresh water, and three controls. Shouldn't be much more than the twenty quid dual taps you can get I would have thought!

5. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

Brita taps come on special offer fairly often from the large multiples.

6. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

A friend has a well so has unfiltered and filtered hot and cold , he found it was cheaper to just install 3 separate taps, butler sink so assume your choice is restricted

KIAB likes this.
  7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

What you are describing there Dave is a "Kettle Tap", not a Triflow tap. The two are completely different. A Kettle tap gives you instant boiling water as soon as you turn the tap on, as well as normal hot and cold and sometimes filtered cold water as well.
    A Triflow tap gives you the normal hot and cold along with filtered cold water.
    The difference between the two types of tap is reflected in the price.

8. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Best way, & cheapist option.

9. DIYDave.

Yep ur right there mate !
    Didn’t explain myself properly

But as I said, the decent ones, Quooker for example, are around £800 I believe

Wouldn’t keep existing tap so would have (ideally) hot, cold, and boiling water

Still lot of money for small tank and an element

You fit many of these on ur jobs and If so, any other makes you could recomend

Have you had any dealings with Insinkerator brand boiling taps ?

facilities likes this.
  10. kitfit1

Actually we do fit quite a lot. The one we fit the most and has never given any come back problems is the Franke Omni 4 in 1. I think though it's way above what your looking to pay, most places are looking for around £1800. Not had any dealings with Insinkerator other than many years ago with a waste disposal unit that was just **** and didn't really dispose of anything :D

11. DIYDave.

£1800....... I think you misunderstand me kind sir

It’s not a whole kitchen refit I’m looking for (including units, appliances and labour for that price)........ just a bluddy tap that gives out hot, cold, and nearly boiling water :eek:

1800 quid F F S Arghhhhhhhhhhh :D

12. kitfit1

Had a small feeling that might be the reply lol :D

13. RolandK

RolandK Active Member

Take a look at the Rangemaster filter taps.
    Generally available under £200. Had one for about 6 years now and it's fine.