After the flush sporadic water into bowl ???

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by David Shireby, Aug 12, 2018.

1. David Shireby

David Shireby New Member

This is a WC with a high level cistern. It's worked fine for years but now it does this weird thing where about 50% of times after a flush it stops ... then starts sending gushes of water into the bowl. Sometimes is stops of its own accord other times it just carries on and you have to flush it again to make it stop.

Sometimes in the night I go for a drink of water at the sink tap close by and it will start!

The plumber said it was the siphon so we had it replaced a month ago but it still does it?

What the hell is it?

Tried reducing water pressure
    Tried making the cistern take less water - moving float stop down so it cuts off earlier.

The plumber is also at a loss.

Please can someone tell me what it is and how to stop it - its good and irritating!!

2. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

If water can’t get away at same rate it enters cistern,then syphon continues.
    Have the flush pipe checked for partial blockage and same for where the flush pipe enters the pan.
    Also make sure the pan has no partial blockage at rim.
    If you slowed the flow into the ball valve by turning a isolating valve to near off, that might help to test the theory.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. David Shireby

David Shireby New Member

Thank you I will try this. Many many thanks David