AGA

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tackleburger, Jan 10, 2010.

1. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

How long should an aga take to recover a standard cylinder say after a bath and the dishes.

2. Cornish

Cornish New Member

LMAO

So what is a standard cylinder then?

What AGA is it?
    Solid fuel, Oil (vapourising or presure jet) natural gas, LPG, electric
    How old is it?

Hows the Aga running? Flat out tickle?

3. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Ask a stupid question! Sorry, a guy called me yesterday and said his aga takes 5 hours to heat the cylinder. It is gas, he leaves it on a peep all the time I don't know what setting all though he said Higher than normal. his main problem is his cylinder immersion was replaced by a local firm who he has now chased as they can't solve the fact it keeps tripping out.

My initial thoughts were he is overheating the immersion with the AGA and he needs a controll and bypass fitted to the cylinder primary flow & returns. It was at this point he told me it took 5 hours to heat although the immersion works for a while then trips. Two other guys have been round and said there is nothing wrong I reckon I am right but slightly confused over timings. Anyway on my way up there now.

4. Cornish

Cornish New Member

Your right I reacon.
    We get it a lot in the countryside round here.
    I donty think Agas were part of the plan when the new immersions were designed.