Air con condenser help

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Jay459, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

My volvo s40 already had new condenser fitted last year due to stone chip.

Not paying hundreds again to fix

Had to remove condenser to get part number as three different types for my car even when supplying VIN lol.

Anyway the new condenser will be coming tomorrow and will fit in. Then will get it pressure tested and regassed

I've noticed left hand side is blowing warmer air than right side. Surely this is the actuator and nothing to do with me removing condenser and refitting.

Do you need to add oil to this or is that part of the regassibf job. It says to use oil to coat o rings on new condenser. So probably have to buy oil if I'm going to do job myself

https://ibb.co/album/gKh4dv

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Volvo forum . Ask there..My mate has S40 and uses forum

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

There should be a small "notice" under the bonnet some where stating what gas and how much is needed. If it should have oil in it then it will have.
    They also sometimes have a dye in them so leaks can be found via a torch that emits near UV - those are usually just ones that can be switched to a blue light.

John
    -

4. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Not familiar with the volvo. You say it's blowing warmer air from left hand side? Just a thought is it a dual control climate system you have on this model?

5. Jay459

Jay459 Member

Yea. It's dual zone think just actuator gone.

Has anyone used halfords for air con check, as it's free to get it checked, but not sure if I wanted to leave it there. There not exactly mechanics are they

Volvo forums is ****

6. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Did you have temp set the same for both sides? A friend had a similar issue with a qashqai. He had never had a dual zone aircon before. Turned out he had temp setting higher on one side. Not saying this is the problem with your situation, but sometimes the simplest things are overlooked. Good luck