Air in HW system

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by screwfox, Oct 26, 2005.

1. screwfox

screwfox New Member

I'm using a Salamander pump to feed most of the hot taps in the house, the pump is connected to the cylinder via a Warix flange. The pumpo is always warning of aeration, and there is a lot of air in the system, when you use a tap it spits and splutters. Can anyone advise on a course of action?

2. Scousemouse

Scousemouse New Member

Which pump, what's the static head, how hot's the water....

3. Onetap

Onetap New Member

Check that the pump is connected to the right connection on the Warix flange. You can get details from the website or the Techflow website. The other connection must still be connected to the open vent pipe & any non-pumped hot taps. Any air released in the cylinder should be discharged through the open vent.

4. tgs

tgs New Member

Absolutely, the Warix flange connections are the wrong way round compared with the Surrey flange. The top vertical connection should go to the pump and the horizontal connection should go to the vent.

5. Onetap

Onetap New Member

6. screwfox

screwfox New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I'm definitely using the correct connections on the Warix.

The Pump is the 75 ESPV set to neg head setting.
    The static head (from the bottom of the cold water tank to the top of the cylinder) is about a metre. (vertical and 5m horizontal). The feed and vent are 22mm (would upping either of these, or both to 28mm help?).

The cyl stat is set to 60 (I think, or maybe 65) (one third up from the bottom). The water from the nearest hot tap is quite hot (I can't keep my hand under it, wife washes up with rubber gloves with no problem tho).

thanks again