Alarm bell box

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Scott Ronson, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Scott Ronson

Scott Ronson Member

Hi so I have a ts400 alarm system , all works fine and have replaced windows sensors and PIRs , Battery ect myself with no problems , Today I wanted to install a new bell box I had purchased because the old on his rusty, the LEDs no longer work and looks like its not in use but it is, So I took the old box off, fixed the new on , all the cable colours are the same except I have a green and a yellow on my old box going to plus and minus for the strobe the wiring diagram fro the new just shows the green to the minus so i connected that and left the yellow floating , long story short I couldn't get it to work , soon as i enter the code the tamper goes and i have to keep resetting , after an hour or so i get fed up and refitted the old one ......Wont work soon as i connected the battery in the bell box the alarm goes and i cant switch it off , Ive had to disconnect the internal battery and leave it with a tamper fault ? any idea please and thank you in advance

2. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

What make/ model is the old sounder, and what make/model is the new replacement sounder? Photos of both sounder connections and existing sounder wiring at control panel will help.