Alarm problems

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Juliet mclaren, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Juliet mclaren

Juliet mclaren New Member

Hi there was a power cut in the area i live in last night. I have gARDTEC 360/580 ALARM. THE ALARM WENT OFF FOR 30 MINUTES!. tHEN WHEN I AWOKE THIS A.M .noticed internal alarm was going off!. The key board is faulty and i couldn't key in to switch it off. How do i get this to stop. there is a back up battery in the front bedroom . The sound is dying down now do i have to wait till this runs out. Please help!!.First time the alarm has gone off been installed since 1997!.Please e mail answer to artlady23861@hotmail.com

2. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Replace battery, should be done every 4 years or so.

3. Juliet mclaren

IT needs repairing anyway but where do i need battery replacing in the internal box? would it cost much to get somebody out?

4. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

you would probably need to replace both batteries one in control panel and one in bell box .

5. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

The main back up battery is in the control box for the alarm system, it sounds like it's never been serviced or had the batteries replaced for a while, if ever:rolleyes:
    And it's only when it makes any untoward notices that people do anything:cool: lol.

6. Juliet mclaren

The fella that put alarm in is not in business now so never knew it had to be serviced as i said the other night was the first time it went off. i am guessing i need someone to come out to replace batteries or can this be done by myself? where doi buy them from. ? if i get an alarm engineer to do this how much would this cost?.plus i need a new keyboard

7. haveagojoe

haveagojoe New Member

Hi
    You should be able to get a battery from B&Q or a local electrical wholesaler that will deal with the public , you will need to take the lid off the main panel and you will see the battery it will be quite a large thing with a red & black lead connected to it, these leads pull off (pull by the connector not the lead)
    You may need to take the main power off again to the system with the battery disconnected and then put the power back on and enter your code, this is because sometimes when the power comes back on a duff battery drags the system down rather than just start working again, the new battery just connects again via the push on terminals, close panel lid and reset with your code.
    if this does not work the panel may have defaulted and you may need to call a firm out to reprogramme