Alarm Query

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by SparkyJoey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. SparkyJoey

SparkyJoey New Member

house has an optima compact panel in it, you have to walk past 2 PIRs in order to get to the panel (non-remote keypad type). Both these PIRs are on zone 2 (time inhibited). Works great when coming in through the front door, cos the entry exit is opened. However when coming from upstairs in the morning, goes straight into attack. How can I get round this? Wire all 3 (front door contact, and both PIRs onto entry exit) in series? Im a bit stumped, remote keypad woulda been the best option. Bah poor design

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Can't you change the zone, these are programmed on?

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

4. SparkyJoey

SparkyJoey New Member

I could, but I'd need 3 entry exits to allow time to disable the panel. Just done it now, its only down the road, just wacked them in series in zone 1, seems to be ok. Stupid design though eh!

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

:)

I fitted the SF G4 last week..

6. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

I could, but I'd need 3 entry exits to allow time to
    disable the panel. Just done it now, its only down
    the road, just wacked them in series in zone 1, seems
    to be ok. Stupid design though eh!

Not a good idea, it will work but if (actually when)you get a false alarm where are you going to look?

I haven't got time to study the manual at the moment but with most panels you can program enry route circuits to become final exitgs when part set. This would be a better option.

7. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

I could, but I'd need 3 entry exits to allow time to
    disable the panel. Just done it now, its only down
    the road, just wacked them in series in zone 1, seems
    to be ok. Stupid design though eh!

Not a good idea, it will work but if (actually when)you get a false alarm where are you going to look?

I haven't got time to study the manual at the moment but with most panels you can program enry route circuits to become final exitgs when part set. This would be a better option.

8. SparkyJoey

SparkyJoey New Member

Could you expand on that. I dont get what you mean by final exits?

9. fuze-box

fuze-box New Member

Could you expand on that. I dont get what you mean by
    final exits?

Why cant you wire the pirs on zone two and three seperately, then programme zone two as an exit entry, so that when you walk into the room that is on zone two it will start the entry timer?

10. loggan

loggan New Member

Hi all detectors on 1 zone not good, sure this is 8 zone panel, by default it puts delay on z2 if part set, are you using all the zones, if not omit an unused zone at night.won t work if the zone is programed unused but will if linked out, you then have delay on z2.

11. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

Could you expand on that. I dont get what you mean by
    final exits?

What I mean Sparky is that a final exit circuit is one which will start the entry timer when you trigger a detector or open a door. An entry route circuit is a circuit which triggers an alarm instantly if it's the 1st zone to be triggered. If a final exit zone is triggered 1st the entry zones are ignored.

What you had was a PIR on an entry route circuit and as this was the 1st circuit to trigger when coming downstairs the alrm activated immediately. Most panels have the facility to change the entry route circuit to a final exit circuit when part set. This facility is designed for the very situation you describe.

If you want to go back and change it I will look at the manual and give you step by step instructions, it is quite easy once you get your head around the terminolgy.

12. RMH

RMH New Member

In the old days before the introduction of remote keypads we used to put a pressure mat under the carpet on one of the steps, usually the first down from the top. this you connect n/o, one leg to one leg of the e/e zone input and the other leg to one of the tamper terminals. When you step on the pad it shorts ov from the tamper loop on to the e/e zone causing it to activate, job done.

13. Krusty the Clown

Krusty the Clown New Member

I am pretty sure that the Optima compact can take an RKP ( check the PCB to the extreme right for the RKP connection)Any alarm supplier or electrical wholesaler can supply you with an RKP, just drop in a run of 6 core alarm cable and Bobs yer Uncle.

14. cheggers

cheggers New Member

All you need to do is set up a programme 2 for when you go to bed. this panel has 3 programmable programmes.by default the panel will use program 1 unless told to.
    to set the panel by night you enter your code then press programe then press 2.