Alcohol, Minimum Pricing

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Nov 28, 2012.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Its the rich punishing the poor as always.
    they can put up the price as far as they like as they can afford the prices.  but with my meager takings, how will i be able to buy my booze from tesco again at this rates?

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

if beer was a £1 a bubble, I'd still drink it. there are onle 3 kinds of poeple

1. a non drinker, a man born never to enjoy drinking
    2. a drunkard, some one who likes getting drunk
    3. a alcoholic, some one who goes to meetings telling everyone he's a alkie, but only drinks coffee,

me I'm a drunkard :)

3. palavaman

its like if you are running a large successful company, all you need to do is to get the best accountants and lawyers, then they will show you how not to pay any tax while the poor chap cleaning tesco toilets has to hav ehis taxes paid automatikally.
    How is that FAIR?

4. big all

big all Screwfix Select

another tax on the poor
    wont effect sherry good wine or
    average priced spirits
    assuming 50p a unit [minimum suggested 45p]
    spirits 1L=£20.87 ---70cl £14
    white cider 7.5% 1L £3.75  2L  £7.50
    4% beer or laager £1.95L  or 99p per 500ml

5. I'm gonna have to pay at least £4.50 for a bottle of wine... :'(

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

It's just another tax by the government to raise money for the treasury. Nothing more, nothing less.

7. palavaman

just returned from tesco stores where i have blown a VERY BIG HOLE in my credit card.

I have bought any type of beer immaginable.  Have bought wine, spirits  and anything that was being sold at HALF Price.  And there is quite a variety there going for half price.
    The garage is stock to the roof now.
    Thanks to this government, their decision to implement a minimum price on alcohol is going to cause me to drink more (in the short term), not less.

8. At least your quality of work will improve...

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Can't see how!

Now his garage is filled up, where's he gonna clean out all of his toilet brushes?

10. palavaman

mr sillies deleteds the posts, so i will just recaps;

i do not take my toilet cleaning brushes home with me as Asda stores provide a cupbard where i must clean and put them at the end of my toilet cleaning shift.

so, handy, i do not take the cleaning brushes home.

11. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

I've got nothing against drinking but I think anyone with an alcohol related illness should pay full wack for their treatment. Solve the NHS funding crisis at a stroke.

diymostthings

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I find myself almost agreeing with 'silly'.

Just to say that alcoholism is in most cases, an addiction, and most will become addicted well before they need treatment. Once they are addicted, how can they be blamed, or even responsible for their treatment?

They don't 'purposely' get addicted. And they can't always control it(or stop it) themselves.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

13. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

14. Sir Jim

Sir Jim New Member

I sat down with a homeless guy today and asked him what began his downward spiral.

I expected him to say drugs or alcohol, but instead he said, "I got married".