Alternatives to Dulux Diamond Eggshell for Kitchen Walls?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by why me?, Feb 7, 2021.

1. why me?

why me? New Member

Hi,
    Are there any good alternatives to Dulux Diamond Eggshell for Kitchen Walls please - ideally that can be mixed in places such as Brewers so I'm not limited to half a dozen colours?
    I'm a little put off by some of the reviews and problems mentioned by people using the Diamond paint and the fast drying causing finish issues.
    Or will thinning it (10%?) solve this, or perhaps Floetrol? Thanks
    Brian

2. Demjay

Demjay New Member

Leylanf paint centres can mix almost any colour like matching to a dulux

why me? likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Why not one of the durables like v700 and that is washable. Johnstone's Cleanable is another good one but forget colour matching. Find similar colours (match) using online sites but matching never works... Well it dose kind of but even the colours in the brand name with different bases don't match is what I'm saying

why me? likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Never had any problems with Diamond Eggshell, maybe take a look at Brewers Albany Durable.

why me? likes this.
  5. why me?

why me? New Member

Many thanks Guys - the Johnstones Cleanable and Albany sound like good contenders - I do have a preference for matt over eggshell so these I like :)
    The Albany in particular sounds good (I've never used Albany paint though) - the spec sheets suggest it's much slower drying (= good for me :) ) and it's also £22 cheaper. Hopefully it has similar characteristics for staying clean, though there's little chance of brushing against walls in the kitchen and I'm not one for fancy (= messy) cooking...

6. Kaboo

Kaboo Member

I did not have issues with Diamond Eggshell on walls. Yes, it was definitely difficult to get good finish on woodwork like skirting and windowsills which was overcome by Purdy brushes and thinning with 10% (v/v) water.