Am I a wolly

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Mat1988, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Mat1988

Mat1988 New Member

Never had the meatballs, hot dogs chips and a drink for £2 odds is great

2. Mat1988

Mat1988 New Member

Got a replacement sharpener from Travis and all is good .pencils sharpen well, and I was hopeful I wasn't stupid and this proves it (kinda) haha

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Well-Known Member

Meatballs too posh for you then?lol

4. Mat1988

Mat1988 New Member

Definitely To posh for me, no need to visit IKEA now I have a pencil sharpener for my flat pencils.

IKEA pencils won't need restocking as much

5. Need a bigger hammer

Need a bigger hammer Active Member

Yeah. I sharpen my pencils with it...:D

nigel willson likes this.
  6. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

Black and yellow Staedlter HB pencils for me, I buy classroom packs off them at Amazon. Dropping them 50+ times a day doesn't destroy the lead.

That and / or a bic retractable pencil, and I keep a couple of green 2H Steadlter carpenters pencils for really abrasive materials like chipboard T&G

I don't get having a pencil sharpener for carpenters pencils. I thought (possibly incorrectly) that the point of it being rectangular was that a wide thin point was less likely to wander off a straight edge and follow the grain of the wood, which is completely lost when it's sharpened to a point.

7. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Rarely care too much about pencils, depending on a job, I have several types on me as classroom type, couple of heavier ones, marker or couple and (don't have any left ATM) but loved having crayons for IE Chipboard flooring or on the roof jobbies
    Sharpeners- some are OK, some poor, some simply dont allow pencil to feed in properly- hence dont work, hence old stanley most of the times

8. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Depends on what you are marking for damp timber carpenters pencils work well. Other than that use mechanical pencils, marking crayons or chunky chalk which show up better on a lot of surfaces or Milwaukee inkzall fine tip markers

9. mr moose

mr moose Active Member

Also one of these..(Admitidly it does have a sharpener.):oops: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FrmxpovmPS4zhvWU8