Angle finder.

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, Feb 9, 2017.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's just wood, keep it simple.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

LiDL have this on next week DIY Tools 9th March

CGN and KIAB like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Could do with a digital micrometer, needed my glasses other day to read my micrometer,:( then I couldn't read it, because glasses I had, have photocromatic lenses & went dark in the bright light over the workbench.:mad:

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've had one for years for the same reason, they're good prices.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Have a digital vernier caliper here paid quite a lot for it so never goes out of house.

Going to get one of those angle finder things, hope there was a way to reserve the items online.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No online reservation, but some Lidl store opens at 7am,so get there early, some offers don't hang around.

Got a infared thermometer from Lidl end of last year, for sorting cold spots on radiators here, temperature accuracy is spot on.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've asked my Mrs to pick up the angle finder tomorrow.

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Robbing gits, I paid a fiver for my callipers from there about 18months ago! :)

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've put her on hold which is a shame as she was going to pick up some bratwurst and frikadeller at the same time.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Frikadeller, love them.[​IMG]

chippie244 likes this.
  12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have one and it is very good and has lasted

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Did anyone get hold of the angle finders? Haven't been in yesterday but may go in tomorrow so hoping some are left.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I downloaded an app on to my Galaxy S6 the other week so I could find out the angle pitch of a staircase I was measuring up for glass panels (replacing the spindles with smoked glass panels) I was amazed at how accurate it was (tested against an iPhone running a similar app)

15. neibick76

neibick76 Member

What app was it

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

It's an app called Clinometer. Quite good.

neibick76 likes this.
  17. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

I bought one of those digital callipers from Lidl when they were on sale last year.
    Absolutely rubbish! when measuring stuff that was about 10mm it could be as much as 3mm out, and varied from reading to reading. I supose I could have had a duff one but I took it back next day for a refund.

Saw them in there again today, along with the angle finders but decided not to bother.

Regards,

Cando

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got it on my phone, very useful app.:)

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I purchased the angle finder today, there were quite a few as well as verniers.

Seems very accurate, have checked it on a square and is very precise.

I've had a look on the back and it says Version: 10/2016 which I believe is the date so may have had a modification done.

Going to keep hold of the receipt as its got 3 years guarantee.

20. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

I might give it another go then!
    Regards,
    Cando