another idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by smallvile, Dec 8, 2009.

1. smallvile

smallvile New Member

so called a gas safe engineer out £25ph stood at the boiler for an hr looked at it pulled a few wires out nothing happened 2nd hr flicked the fan round blew the hoses still the same ......dunno mate don"t know what"s up with it......that will be £50 cheers.......you"ve not done anything so no it won"t be £50 bit of a barney of he went ........christ i"ll pay if someone fixes it.......symptons .....boiler will light but then dies run dhw boiler will light then dies CH turn stat up boiler lights then dies shower runs hot then cold.....pumps running fan running new pcb .pin making contact with microswitch..anybody please!!!!!!!!!! cheque will bw in the post baxi 80 eco

2. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

3. PTFE

PTFE Member

4. ns1873

ns1873 New Member

does the boiler actually fire up & light befor it "dies"? What lights come on after that happens?

5. imran_

imran_ New Member

Perhaps you should blame the idiot who thinks he'll get a qualified gas safe registered engineer for £25/hr...

6. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

£25/hr, and u let him near ur boiler?

be thankful he left it intact on his way out.

bitofadvice, pay a professional, and they'll do a damn good job. i have said it B4 & I'll say it again. u pay peanuts, u get monkeys. SIMPLES.

7. Itandje

Itandje New Member

The trouble is you can pay top dollar and still get monkeys. Fkin great innit.

8. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

that unfortunately is thetruth. but i know if i were acustomer i'd be suspicious.

then again, times are hard, so customers R looking for bargains? it'll cost them. i bet it will.

9. smithp60

smithp60 New Member

At a guess I would say your heat/x is blocked, however I would need to see it to confirm this.

10. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

If it is continually firing and then going off, firing and going off it is either minimum gas pressure or dirt in the air pressure switch feeds or nearby. You can check the latter by disconnecting one at a time and see if it fires up.

11. hi there
    my guess is your domestic hot water (plate to plate) heat exchanger is partially blocked (a common problem on combi's especially when not flushed or cleaned properly at initial install) not hard to fix about £100 to buy dependendant on model or if your handy you can sometimes remove and clean them out.
    steve

12. smithp60

smithp60 New Member

Thats what I just said!!!

13. Kip

Kip New Member

id of said its a electrical fault with the flame rectification, fires then goes out is a sign that the ac-dc current isnt being recognised through the flame and back out.

14. picasso.

picasso. New Member

had any work done on the electrics? sounds like reversed polarity

15. smallvile

smallvile New Member

it was the thermistor