Another screw/bolt type???

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by NewApprentice23, Jan 10, 2018.

  1. Anyone know what you call this type of bolt/screw?

    Swapping the fridge door swing and the other side has smaller hole and there’s no way of drilling it bigger due to the plastic moulding being in the way.

    Need to buy a smaller version of this type of screw...

    Attached Files:

  2. WillyEckerslike

    WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

    The hinge should reverse and use the same set screw. Is there not a pin that engages in the top mount?
    KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

    spot on.:)
  4. Yes I’ve done that. It’s a manufacturing fault with the fridge - the original side the hole is a lot bigger and you can see they machined it bigger as an after thought...not sure if you can see the difference in the picture

    Attached Files:

  5. DIYDave.

    DIYDave. Well-Known Member

    Usually a nylon bush that sits over pin/bolt and goes through hole in door lining

    If door moulding pivots directly against that bolt, will soon wear and enlarge hole, leading to a wobbly door

    Look at ‘eSpares’ on line
    Millions of parts for millions of appliances. Have model and serial number to hand and take a look. May have to buy complete hinge assembly but might be best option
  6. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

    Take the plastic bush out from one hole & stick in the other hole other end, if there a balnk plug then stick that in hole were you removed bush.

  7. kitfit1

    kitfit1 Well-Known Member

    When reversing doors on fridges and freezers the norm is just to move the top mounting to the bottom on the oposite side and bottom mounting to the the top. That is all that should be involved.
    KIAB likes this.

Share This Page