Another tumble drier brand that can cause fires added alongside Whirlpool

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Smokey, May 2, 2017.

1. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There are still a huge number of dangerous Beko ovens out there that regularly kill householders. These were very cheap when they were on sale and were mainly purchased by landlords.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I registered my tumble dryer which is on of the affected models from Indesit.

4. Some bosch dishwashers with the same problem

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Or a Zaffira ......

Phil the Paver likes this.
  6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Very clever, if not quite spelt right.

7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Obviously none of these machines are sold in America, if they were the companies may have reacted a bit more like VW.
    Makes you wonder.

8. Makes you realise who the market is rigged for over here doesn't it.

Not the consumer, or the tax payer.

Gluggy likes this.
  9. Phil the Paver

That's the EU for you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Ooh Phil. hehe.

11. Lol, cheap shot.

Wait til after brexit though and then decide on that comment ?

12. Phil the Paver

At least it made you laugh. :D:D:D:D

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

He's cured. he's cured. Miserable bassturd.

14. Erm hark who is talking.

15. fire

fire Well-Known Member

Probably those made in turkey models... lol

Bosch stepped up to the plate when theirs failed badly. It was the Relay controlling the heater, PCB copper traces were too thin to handle the current and would burn up. Bosch fixed the problem with a new PCB design and split the current loading by wiring two wires in parallel to carry the current for the Heater. In doing this mind you they changed the flash chip to a cheaper brand which then became easily damaged due to moisture during the soldering manufacture process.

pcbboschcontrol.jpe

16. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I had an engineer come out last week from Indesit. Didn't see what he was doing but seems to have replaced the back panel. Took about 20 minutes.

17. Phil the Paver

You don't want to know what he did, its a bodge on a grand scale, had ours done months ago.

18. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

With a smoke alarm and tumble drier in laundry room with very little to burn, it should not be too much of a problem, however I like I am sure many others don't have a laundry room, I use the kitchen, being a kitchen there is no smoke alarm so the fire can get well established before you realise anything is wrong, so when setting the washing machine, tumble drier, or dish washer to run over night, should you leave open the door to hall so alarm is sounded with a fire, or close the door so fire is contained? Although I live in Wales I don't have a new house so no sprinkler system installed.

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You could fit a heat alarm in your kitchen, they are insensitive to smoke, but function on the temperature changes in a kitchen.

Got a Ei164e heat alarm here, it's mains with sealed re-chargeable lithium back-up battery, there are cheaper models around.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  20. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

ALL the tumble dryers are at risk, its the other filter that does not get cleaned is the usual culprit not just the Lint one at the front.

There all a ferkin fire risk, hate the things with a passion and you always get a cump phoning if you can repair it. .yeah heres some petrol, the machine will do the rest over time.

FatHands and KIAB like this.