Ant & Dec, Take em or leave em

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Mar 19, 2018.

1. I would agree that many are, indeed, an absolute disgrace.

I'm struggling, tho', to find the BBC anywhere outside the top 5 most trusted, impartial and respected news organisations (ready with a Clarkson inflection?) in the world.

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I get my brief news updates from BBC website, Metro rag (mornings) and Evening Standard (evenings). Just have to see through the political left wing bias and take everything that's said with a pinch of salt.

3. facilities

facilities Guest

Just shows how poor the rest are, I only trust the MailOnline for the upto date facts and current world situation

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Another hijacked post!:eek:

5. facilities

facilities Guest

:p

6. facilities

facilities Guest

Your welcome :p

7. Just one example would be,the cherry picking of Question Time audiences to suit the left wing agenda that the bbc promote.

retiredsparks likes this.
  8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

BBC @ #2, But look what's written about it being on the left of.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/trust-news-sites/

9. Thank you again.

No 2 on that list - that's the highest I've seen them.

So thank you once more.

Thanks.

Ta.

10. I tried clicking all over your post for a linkie.

11. It wasn't me, guv'. :rolleyes:

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

See Ant's been charged with drink driving this afternoon and up before the beak in April.

13. Yup.

What a way to end two careers.

Do you think they have enough money put aside to get by?

Anyhoo, I blame his mum. Or his dawg.

14. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Harsh!!!! But true!!!!

retiredsparks likes this.
  15. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

If that’s what money and fame does for you, as with many others!!!! You can keep it!!!

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Guy clearly has huge problems. But he needs to feel the full weight of the law. As does Darron Gibson of Sunderland. He was charged with drink driving after a weekend incident as well.

He is facing prison though. He has an appalling record. in 2015 he hit 3 cyclists when drunk. Then drove off and hit a petrol pump. Got banned.

Now this.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news...e-to-sunderland-afc-training-ground-1-9068984

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I always thought there was a degree of 'selection' of the audience on QT, having attended when it was in St Austell I'm not so sure. I wasn't asked about my political leanings, only to submit 3 questions, and in the pep talk prior to the event the Dimbleby bloke encouraged vocal agreement/disagreement whatever the question.
    I have noticed pro eu audiences in some areas but in recent months I've noticed more audiences swayed towards leave.
    Dimbleby always comes across as well balanced to me, my one concern would be the balance of the 'panel', which invariably seems to be 4 to 1 in favour of remain, 3 to 2 at best, but never the other way, which is remarkable considering the majority viewpoint.

18. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Sorry I have to disagree with many on here. As presenters, they are excellent at what they do. As Longsy says though, I do believe Ant is looking at rehab as a way of swaying a judge into being more lenient. See this all the time in the NHS, with people admitted to the MH unit, weeks before a criminal trial, hoping this will affect the outcome ( or sentencing) ;)

19. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Dimbleby always seems to like the sound of his own voice. Often interrupting panel and audience members ( almost constantly on some QT programs)

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

To be fair, an addict will do anything.