Any experience with McKellar power tools?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by MangoMarr, Feb 8, 2018.

1. MangoMarr

MangoMarr New Member

A bit of an odd one this: I'm splitting up with my longterm partner and her dad now wants me to get him a new circular saw as I broke his a few months ago (fair enough). He claimed it was a DeWalt, but since I still had it around I checked it out and it was actually a 1200W 185mm McKellar circular saw.

I can't find anything online about these tools, but I am interested in giving back an equivalent model to what I broke. Is anyone able to offer any insight here?

2. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Post some picks and more info in general, as it is hard to advise whereas differences are £30-180 per different tools

3. Mac allistar possibly?

B and q line

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

If it was a used saw...replace with used saw...
    ebay.....
    lol
    Rs

KIAB likes this.
  6. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

100% is Focus DIY's own brand of power tools. My first drill was a MacKeller.

He's already trying to get one over on you - it isn't even close to a DeWalt. Get an Argos own brand circular saw and you're probably closer quality wise.

MangoMarr likes this.
  7. Yes, McKeller was a budget 'own' brand from I can't remember where, but IIR's suggestion of 'Focus' rings a bell.

(Pssst, do you think her dad is trying to pull a fast one, or is just confused? The branding colour is yellow for both.)

Anyhoo, sorry about the break up :(

MangoMarr, KIAB and gpierce like this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Your back!:eek:

9. It's BLUDY "you're"

:)

KIAB likes this.
  10. MangoMarr

MangoMarr New Member

Thanks for the input everyone. Yes I absolutely suspected he was trying to pull a fast one, which is why I posted here.

I'm not in the business of screwing people over, unfortunately the same can't be said for everyone else!

Deleted member 33931 likes this.