Any ideas? I’ve never come across this before.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Cheryl Pithie, May 16, 2019.

  1. I’ve taken on another refurb job and under all the wallpaper is this.

    Attached Files:

  2. mcooper2406

    mcooper2406 Active Member

    What's the issue? Identifying it or what to do with it?
  3. Sorry I kind of assumed by the title, what is it? It's clearly plaster of some kind as it is smooth as a baby's bum, but I've never seen it in sheets before, like preskimmed board?
  4. Astramax

    Astramax Well-Known Member

    Looks like cracked plasterboard joints where it wasn't taped prior to plastering.
  5. Reckon you’re spot on! Cheers
  6. fostyrob

    fostyrob Active Member

    With all due respect, how much refurb work have you done previously prior to encountering plasterboard?
    I suspect it has never been skimmed but simply papered over, hence the lack of taping of the joints.
    What to do with it depends on your plans. You could either re-paper over it after making good filling the holes and joints or skrim tape the joints and give it a skim of plaster.
    Astramax likes this.
  7. Astramax

    Astramax Well-Known Member

    Fill the cracks and use WallRock Fibre Liner to cover over it all. ;)
    Cheryl Pithie likes this.
  8. Sounds like a plan. Thanks
  9. Er, well that’s clearly not with respect is it?
  10. BillyT

    BillyT New Member

    Why on earth would anyone want wallpaper that close to the bath.
  11. Astramax

    Astramax Well-Known Member

    That's how things were done until 4" Pilkingtons became widely available to the masses! ;)
    dobbie likes this.
  12. David Hatim

    David Hatim New Member

  13. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    The best idea for that is to take the bath out then overboard and skim or preferrably rip it off,plasterboaed and skim.
  14. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    A lot of people used to use a wallpaper in the bathroom called Contour, which as far as I know was made for this.
  15. Astramax

    Astramax Well-Known Member

    Also Known as Tile on a Roll.
    dobbie likes this.
  16. goldenboy

    goldenboy Well-Known Member

    There was one kind that you could use on walls and floors!
  17. chippie244

    chippie244 Well-Known Member

    What bath?
  18. chippie244

    chippie244 Well-Known Member

    Have a load of posts been deleted from this as it makes no sense?
  19. Astramax

    Astramax Well-Known Member

    The bath seen by ENLARGING the photo.
  20. chippie244

    chippie244 Well-Known Member

    And looking at the tiny bit in one corner.

Share This Page