Any ideas on coupling a 50mm hose to a 68mm downpipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jmc2000, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 Member

I have a 68mm downpipe that drains water off my shed onto my patio which then falls off the surface to a public road drain. However, I've noticed that it's washed away the sand underneath the stone that lies underneath the 68mm downpipe. My idea is to attach a short length of 50mm hose pipe to the 68mm pipe, and divert the water to the grass on the side. Any ideas on how I can couple these different pipes together as cheaply as possible?

Cheers, JMc

2. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Can you not make a decent job of it and use more of the downpipe incorporating an angled connector across to the grass area?

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Any reason it has to use the 50mm pipe?

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Need a photo, might then might come up with another solution.

6. jmc2000

jmc2000 Member

Thanks for the ideas so far. I was hoping there might be a 68mm blanking plug which I could drill a 50mm hole into; but this doesn't seem to exist. So far I'm tending towards using a rainwater diverter such as this: https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-rainwater-diverter-70mm-black/27866 which does the job neatly, although a little on the expensive side. The hose doesn't have to be 50mm.

7. jmc2000

jmc2000 Member

8. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

70mm hose is available if you have round 68mm it will slide over it :)

9. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Still not sure why you can’t connect more downpipe (with an angled connector)!
    Will look much neater