Any ideas on coupling a 50mm hose to a 68mm downpipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jmc2000, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 New Member

I have a 68mm downpipe that drains water off my shed onto my patio which then falls off the surface to a public road drain. However, I've noticed that it's washed away the sand underneath the stone that lies underneath the 68mm downpipe. My idea is to attach a short length of 50mm hose pipe to the 68mm pipe, and divert the water to the grass on the side. Any ideas on how I can couple these different pipes together as cheaply as possible?

Cheers, JMc

2. Kas228

Kas228 Active Member

Can you not make a decent job of it and use more of the downpipe incorporating an angled connector across to the grass area?

3. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

4. Kas228

Kas228 Active Member

Any reason it has to use the 50mm pipe?

5. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Need a photo, might then might come up with another solution.

6. jmc2000

jmc2000 New Member

Thanks for the ideas so far. I was hoping there might be a 68mm blanking plug which I could drill a 50mm hole into; but this doesn't seem to exist. So far I'm tending towards using a rainwater diverter such as this: https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-rainwater-diverter-70mm-black/27866 which does the job neatly, although a little on the expensive side. The hose doesn't have to be 50mm.

7. jmc2000

jmc2000 New Member

8. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

70mm hose is available if you have round 68mm it will slide over it :)

9. Kas228

Kas228 Active Member

Still not sure why you can’t connect more downpipe (with an angled connector)!
    Will look much neater