Any (Long Term) Experiences with Zenith/Tufnol/Trespa (Solid/Compact Laminate) Worktops?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Atti La, May 11, 2022.

?

Would you be happy to have a Zenith / Compact Laminate Worktop in your Kitchen?

1. Yes, It looks Nice and it's Tough/Durable

100.0%
  2. No, the Edge Chips easily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No,I'd expect to have other problems with it as I've already heard/seen at my friends/clients house

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I'd rather have a normal,MDF Laminate as it is cheaper & change it years later when/if necessary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Atti La

Atti La New Member

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has fitted Zenith or Tufnol or Trespa (Solid/Compact Laminate) Countertops and has been using it for a few years now?! (I know it looks wonderful once it's fitted, but I wonder how it performs after it's been used).

Are there any complaints (after a few years of usage) for
    - marks/scratches on the top
    - chips/breakage on the edges
    - problems with undermount sinks
    - problems with drainer grooves in the worktop
    - or any kind of problems/complaints/regrets in the long run?!

We're strongly considering this Cadeira Zenith Worktop:
    https://www.worktop-express.co.uk/solid-laminate-worktops/zenith-worktops/caldeira-zenith-worktops

But I don't see many "Long Term" reviews,
    and I don't know if this is because this is a good product and there are now problems with it
    - or because there is some issue with it and most people choose a different kind of countertop to install.. :)

Thx in advance!

P.S.: In some places this type of worktop is also called HPL or TUFNOL or TRESPA:
    12.5mm thin, Zenith is made up of a black core created from layers of kraft paper impregnated with PHENOLIC RESIN, a decorative paper is then placed on either side along with an overlay paper and impregnated with melamine resin to create a durable, waterproof and stylish worksurface.

Last edited: May 11, 2022