Any sort of mech that pulls out and up?

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by dvddvd, Feb 24, 2019.

1. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Hi looking for ideas of a mechanism that allows a drawer to be pulled out and then it rises?

It's for a turntable which will be in a cupboard, I initially was going to get it to just pull out but it's quiet low so would be better if it rises upwards to a more useable height? Any ideas? Anything I could adapt?

Thanks

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

A kitchen mixer lift sort of does what you want but will only come to the height of the cupboard surface, not above it.
    To be honest, if the turntable is half decent it will sound rubbish supported the way you are thinking of. If it's a rubbish turntable to start with, then it will just sound worse.

3. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Can't you just fit it in the top drawer?

4. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

It's going to be fitted below a projector screen.

The cupboard which it will be fitted in is only 500mm high. The turntable is 250mm high so having it on a pull out drawer would make it 250mm from the floor.

I like the idea of the mixer lifts but most say max weight 10kg the turntable is 12kg?

5. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Or any electric scissor lifts? What I could pull out and then press a button to raise it?

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

What turntable is it ?

7. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Michell gyro dec

8. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

I can build a wall mounted fixing bracket to isolate it from footfall vibrations, so in the end it would just be like having it on a wall mounted shelf but the mixer lift would be an extension of it. I would also have an isolation shelf under the turntable and that would be spiked onto the mixer lift shelf

9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Then you are defo completely mad to even consider what your planning on. The Gyro, just like my Orbe is a suspended deck and needs to be on completely stable platform, preferably with no connection to the floor. The best platform by a long way for both the Gyro and the Orbe is wallmounting as in the pic below. If you really want to do what you say, much better to sell the Gyro and get something from the Rega range or similar.

[​IMG]

10. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on how solid the mixer lift is?

As I said I would weld a wall bracket up, so it would be attached to the wall.

I'm redesigning my AV room, before all amps, processors etc were in racks and on display and speakers to left and right of TV.

My turntable was wall mounted on an isolation shelf and platform.

I want to build a baffle wall with speakers behind a fixed acoustic transparent screen. The TV when needed will drop down from ceiling with a TV lift.

So I wanted to build something for the turntable that can be hidden away at front of room in between the speakers. Since the fixed projector screen will be 500mm from the floor that's the only space I have to have the turntable.

I did say it would be in a cupboard but open to any ideas on how I could fit it in with my system.

If the mixer lift is stable, which I assume it will be if a large mixer sat on it is its intended use?

With the weight of the turntable I can not see the mixer lift swaying?

I've been into hifi/AV for 30 years and there is a lot of hifi foo about the rights and wrongs in hifi.

11. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

I would like to see one in action?

If not ive found some heavy duty drawer runners? https://www.eurofitdirect.co.uk/pro...MI59ao3NXU4AIVYbvtCh3n-gSiEAQYAiABEgJgXPD_BwE

And have it just pull out, the ones ive found are Accruride and have a load capacity of 250KG which i assume should make them solid? At that loading you could have a paving slab on the end!

I would weld a wall bracket up as a normal turntable shelf bracket and then bolt these to it.

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

So, you can wall mount your Gyro then ? If you can, why are you bothering with being able to "have it just pull out" ?

13. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Perhaps have the whole unit rise up when required. Along the lines of disabled access kitchen units.

14. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Its wall mounted at moment but decided i want a empty room where everything is hidden away. Instead of it looking like a hifi showroom

15. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

i wanted a flush wall with just a screen on it and everything behind it hidden, so the turntable would would pull out underneath the screen