Any way to cover up skirting gap?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by George Power Finch, Mar 31, 2023.

1. George Power Finch

George Power Finch New Member

DF3F7F22-8BB5-4588-AE1A-B1CC17599ECD.jpeg 13487F62-29E9-4A83-B544-3D0B38D85BB3.jpeg Hey all,

had a new bathroom fitted and stupidly ordered the wrong skirting and it’s left a small gap between the tiles and the skirting and was wondering if there’s a way to minimise the gap?

2. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Really wouldn't bother faffing around. Take it off and get some the right height. Given it's a new bathroom won't cost much at all in the scheme of things.

What's going on the floor?....because that may also have an influence if you want the flooring to go under the skirting.

Ind spark likes this.
  3. George Power Finch

George Power Finch New Member

Everything has been fitted though, so new skirting would involve taking the bath / freestanding vanity unit out. Flooring is already down.

4. Cris 11

Cris 11 Active Member

How wide is the gap looks to be about 25/30mm

5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

You couldn't take some more pictures from further away so we can see the whole bathroom?

I am assuming the tiling was done after everything was fitted although I would have thought the tiler would have mentioned the issue before he started.

6. Nathan lowe

Nathan lowe Member

really?

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

25mm half round wooden moulding or similar planted on top of skirting would sort out the gap.

Jord86 and Muzungu like this.
  8. Cris 11

Cris 11 Active Member

As above doesn't make a lot of sense surely if the tiling was done first you would instantly realise the skirting was wrong and change it before fitting, if the skirting went on first I wouldn't be paying the tiler.
    I personally would change the skirting but you could try this type of stuff and glue it on.
    UPVC Trim Architrave D mould Cloaking Fillet 5m PVC Plastic Window Door Bead | eBay
    Lots of different shapes and sizes and colours.

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

No better than my suggestion, only difference my idea is timber and would match far better with the Taurus skirting once painted!

10. Cris 11

Cris 11 Active Member

I prefere plastic dosnt need painting.

11. I'm not a robot

I'm not a robot New Member

Timber on timber would be better than plastic on timber.

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

100% true.

13. I'm not a robot

I'm not a robot New Member

That skirting doesn't look new to me.

Astramax likes this.
  14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

That floors not new either.

I'm not a robot likes this.
  15. H Bell

H Bell Active Member

If you want a cheap solution then go buy some upvc trim and stick it using blobs of silicon.