Anyone coming fishing

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by !!, Sep 12, 2008.

1. !!

!! Active Member

Works finally drying up so I'm going to catch my tea.

I blame the banks

2. Its all about greed, the banks sold mortgages to people who couldn't afford them.

I can't understand the reasoning behind lending 125% of the value of the property.

Its got to be the greedy arzeholes working in the city banks that get multi-million £ bonuses. They have no idea of the real world, here real people are struggling to put food on the table, heat their houses and so on.

Same with the utility companies, massive profits, share holders benefit and OAP's freeze.

I'll admit that Maggie did a good job (though too excessively) in controlling the unions but privatisation of the utilities was wrong.

Water, electricity and gas are essential to modern life and as such should remain in the control of the government, look at the state we are in now, about to be held to ransom by Russia, who can cut off their gas when ever they want to.

I believe that privatisation is admitting that the government can't run a business, if that's the case they are not fit to run the country.

Rant over, should have been in Just Talk I suppose.

3. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Of course a government can't run a business! No government in history has been able to. They can only run the country because that involves spending money not trying to earn it.

Look at the dome - what a balls up!

4. kaintheo

kaintheo New Member

I agree with all of the above,

all utilities should be nationally controlled, just like the post office, royal mail, the railways etc.

all privatised, all a cluster* now.

[Edited by: admin]

5. !!

!! Active Member

only caught one fish a little tiddler, I blame the banks for that as well but I did spend the entire day thinking of nothing and enjoying my special cigarettes.