Anyone got a Makita 4304T jigsaw....got problems!

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by 14th edition, Jan 1, 2007.

1. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Bought this second hand and I can't seem to get the blade to clamp. This model has a slide out fitting at the top which you then unscrew to release the blade jaws. This seems to work ok but with the blade fully tightened you can still pull it out. It came with spare blades which are the type which look like handle end of a sword and no holes.
    Any ideas?

Cheers,

14th

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

my brothers got a makita and if you use bosh blades you have to sand them down to allow them to go fully home
    although his is a clip on the clamp at the front

is this your jigsaw. !!!

big all

3. 14th edition

Hi Bigall,
    Yes that looks like it!

14th

4. big all

big all Screwfix Select

all i can suggest is if the blade is fully up to the "wings" perhaps the clamp [no 46]is knakerd

but try a different blade or even a genuine blade first before going the repair route

big all

5. Narrowboat

Narrowboat New Member

You might find that the long screw (37 in exploded diag)
    has come unscrewed from the clamp (46) I managed to do this on mine.
    Take the covers off and fix it. If it makes a knocking noise when you've fixed it, you need to screw the screw in or out a bit.

6. 14th edition

Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestions, the blades are genuine but I am not sure how far in they are supposed to go. I will disassemble tonight!

Ta
    14th

7. big all

big all Screwfix Select

8. 14th edition

Hi Bigall,
    No its not spreading tis me in another guise!! Haven't got it apart yet, unfortunately starting drinking first!

14th

9. 14th edition

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all the ideas. Got it apart last night and it was the jaw assembly had been screwed too far up. This meant that when the jaws were fully tightened they were still loose on the blade. Brought the jaws down a turn or two and job done!

Cheers,

14th