Anyone got either of these yet?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Clarts, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Clarts

Clarts New Member

2. myzeneye

myzeneye New Member

i havent got either but they do look good....
    i have a few other similar things, some good, some poor... the rothenburger one is good, but the ratchet thangy looks like a good improvment... wonder how long they last though cos at £18 a throw theyd better last a while...

3. myzeneye

myzeneye New Member

i do love the gadgets and i do hate wire wool. passionaitly.
    the rothenberger strips are good too.

4. Clarts

Clarts New Member

wonder how
    long they last though cos at £18 a throw theyd better
    last a while...

Just what I was thinking... I Can't see em lasting very long...

5. myzeneye

myzeneye New Member

yeah, i find once they've got a bit wet from say a partiallt drained or dripping pipe they rust and start loosing spikes and going bald. hope the bristles which fall of dont go down the pipe and into a shiny new heat ex... thats why i dont use wire wool, too much debris....with this in mind, the rothy strips are about best...

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

At the danger of receiving yet another ASBO from our hosts, we use these luv:

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=49495

Very, very good for the price. Mind you, I hope you don't live outwith the greater London area or you'll be classed as a remote area and you'll pay a Kings ransom for delivery. You could do what I do for our remote sites; put your address down as 'By London' and we never pay a remote charge!! So when the order does not arrive the next day, I get on the blower and give em **** and they send it out express delivery overnight, at no charge and they blame their brain dead kids in the call centre.
    Hrrrrrrr.....of course I would never dream of doing that with our hosts, oh, no, no..

7. myzeneye

myzeneye New Member

got one of them dick... dont like it as you cant clean a pipe which is in a confined space.... cheap though....

8. Kardon81

Kardon81 New Member

Kopex one looks good was actually thinking of buying one of these myself. Can't really bring myself to part with the cash especially when you consider a bag of wire wool is a pound and it is by far the best thing for cleaning copper pipe. Tried the rothenberger strips, okay on brand new clean pipe (although i don't like them they rip too easily and feel like sand paper, quite gritty) but they really strugle on dirty or oxidised pipe.

9. tooltarticus

tooltarticus New Member

think ill still stick with the dish scourers out of tescos @ 39p for 4, the same as the kind rothenberger try and flog for ten times that for two. leaves no filings in gas pipe and very effective. the only time ill use wire wool is on heavily painted pipe after ive heated it

10. RPM

RPM New Member

clarts and karden 81 (ebay item 330157393115) seller marie.100 brand new kopex pipe prep pair of 15 and 22 £17.99 buy it now free postage got a set my self a few weeks ago great tools martin

11. RPM

RPM New Member

kardon 81 sorry mate

12. Kardon81

Kardon81 New Member

Hey no problem RPM, thanks for the link i'm going to treat myself!

13. myzeneye

myzeneye New Member

rpm, i bought a monument dry test guage of that ebayer this week... 17.99 inc 1st class rec delivery !!! came next day!!!
    very good.