Anyone know what type of light switch this?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Danashcroft, Feb 10, 2019.

  1. Danashcroft

    Danashcroft New Member

    In a new build and went to change one of the light switches and it's this.

    Tried an intermediary switch but it doesn't turn off the light if turned on by the other switch.

    Any help would be appreciated

  2. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    It is a 1 gang 2 way with a loop terminal.
    Danashcroft likes this.
  3. Danashcroft

    Danashcroft New Member

    Thanks so much man, any ideas how I search for a chrome version? I can find 1 gang 2 ways easy enough but not sure I can guarantee its got a loop? United I'm being daft
  4. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    There is no need to get one with the loop terminal.If you need to connect some wires, just use a piece of 15 amp connector strip or a suitable wago connector in the back box.
    spinlondon and Danashcroft like this.
  5. Philip Hyde

    Philip Hyde Member

    Likes been said use a Standard One gang two way switch with a Wago Connector in the back of the box.
    seneca likes this.
  6. peter palmer

    peter palmer Well-Known Member

    Some other makes have a "N" terminal there instead which seems much more sensible, can't imagine why you would use that terminal for the live loop connection, they would just go in the common instead.
  7. spinlondon

    spinlondon Well-Known Member

    I think it may be to loop the Neutral.

Share This Page