Anyone use any job management software?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by David Summers, Aug 9, 2017.

1. David Summers

David Summers New Member

I've started to used job management software after searching for ages to find a suitable one. I finally settled for Orthinc if you've heard of that?

What do you use?

2. A site foreman and the relevant trades.
    Also ban SPAM from the site except teabreaks.

3. David Summers

David Summers New Member

I've started using job management software recently and I don't know how I went without it for so long. I was talking to a couple of sparks the other day and they were saying how they had never heard of it. It got me thinking, does anyone actually use it?

4. David Summers

David Summers New Member

It's not spam mate, I'm looking for a good tool. Very helpful.

5. They sell SPAM in lots of shops.

6. Try Makita they make good tools.

7. David Summers

David Summers New Member

Not answers to my question though, it seems. This is a forum for discussion. If you will not discuss, then leave.

8. David Summers

David Summers New Member

Not job management software though. Which is the topic of discussion.

9. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

New member........ tells well known member........ "If you will not discuss, then leave".
    Let the fun begin....
    RS

mafalus likes this.
  10. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Ignore the negatives on this. I think most of our members are too busy fire fighting and getting new work to see the advantage of a calendar based piece of software that allows you to schedule your work. Does it help with times and prices?
    We can't all be dinosaurs or ostriches burying our heads in the sand as progress passes us by.

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Does this 'software' account for lost time and associated delays due to wet weather ?

12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I use B4 software aka Bloomin Bodgit's Bonkers Brain.

13. David Summers

David Summers New Member

With the one I got you can track how long your guys have spent on-site and generate order codes to keep track of parts for the job, add prices etc. I'd actually recommend it. I'm not a big fan of scheduling, but then, I'm a bit quiet at the moment.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Sounds more like something the site foreman or clerk of works would use, rather than tradesmen on the tools.

15. David Summers

David Summers New Member

Well there are admin sides to use tradies aren't there? We can take pictures of our work, make notes, get signatures from the site foreman, track what parts we have used from stock, what parts we've got from the supplier, our time spent on the job and more. Honestly makes making the invoice at the end much easier and faster. All the info is there for me. Maybe that's why many other tradies don't use software... they don't see it's benefits?

16. Carl. Smith

Carl. Smith New Member

I actually tried Orthinc a few days ago. We got off to a bit of a rocky start but I think I will give it another try this week since I heard lots good things about it!

17. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Another new member...

18. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

The one I use is called I can fit you in tommorow, or the other well used one is where the f UK are you !

19. David Summers

David Summers New Member

One-man band?

20. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Yeah I am but not in a band tho am to busy for that