Anyone use any job management software?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by David Summers, Aug 9, 2017.

1. David Summers

David Summers New Member

too*

2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I save my best grammar for my invoices

Lectrician likes this.
  3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

For larger projects / jobs I use project management software - either Project or Project libre. For each job phase I create a code then when I order materials I use the stage code as part of the order reference.

4. Craig193

Craig193 New Member

I use software called magic5 which seems a bit complcated at first but is fine to use and every time I think of something else, I find out it already does it. Not techie myself but its simple enough really. Harder to get others to use it because they don't want to move out of the stoneage or think they're going to be spied on when they're slacking off.

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I use a really superb one! There is a cost to it though.

I can work out all the guys timings, breaks, hols, expenditure, travel etc etc

It's called a notebook and pen! :p

mafalus likes this.
  6. Speedy23

Speedy23 New Member

And who did you hear these "good things" from.....David Summers, perchance? Or perhaps he is a bit closer to home than you think we realise....

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Do any of you "New Members" actually understand any part of the building industry ?
    You do know, don't you ? that the vast majority of peeps on this site are one man band self employed ? They don't need this sort of ****, will never use it and will defo never pay for it..................that's why we have accountants. Nearly all of us work week to week and job to job.....................if i can't remember what i quoted for a few weeks ago.......................then i may as well retire and go to live in my villa in spain that i paid for 30 years ago.........................without any software by the way.

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It is spam

9. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Field wire is something I've been playing with (for free), not bad, weird charging though, 30 a month or something.

10. blannder

blannder New Member

I don't use it yet.I have a small business and I think the recording is still easy. However, I agree that such software could really be helpful and increase productivity. I might use one in the future.

11. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

I think it could be useful to have software management, I'm always concerned about the time investment in getting it working and using it efficiently. It would be disappointing to spend time learning software and then find it doesn't work in practice.

12. Job and Knock

Job and Knock Member

I've used MS Project on big jobs in the past - now I'm back to being a one-man band there's no point. To big, unweildy and costly for my needs, most of which can be dealt with using an A5 journal and a witeboard, but then as a chippy I don't carry huge stocks of stuff (other than about 100,000 or so screws it seems)

BikerChris likes this.
  13. arlethalazarini

arlethalazarini New Member

I use ManageMart. It has many functional advantages. This is software that simplifies the work of managing your business.