Anyone used decking risers/pedestals?

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by CT-7567 Captain Rex, Nov 27, 2022.

1. CT-7567 Captain Rex

CT-7567 Captain Rex New Member

I have a 5ft 7" wide gap up the side of my garage which isn't much use apart from storage so want to build a lean-to for protection and to keep the general garden space clear. I can't just stick a 5ft wide shed in as it would be hard to construct in the space and I need to keep access to the personnel door at the side in case my roller shutter garage door fails (no override).

The tarmac from my drive runs up the side of the garage so there is a solid base to build on. As it slopes away from the garage wall and then down hill for the front couple of feet of the garage, its going to be a challenge to get a level floor. I did think about digging up the tarmac in the area I want to build and laying a concrete pad onto the sub base, but this seems timely and costly.

The other option is a wooden frame, using some type of support to lift it off the ground. Has anyone used the adjustable pedestals used to lay decking on hard surfaces? It looks like the need to be on a level base to start with, which I don't have. Can you shim them to make the tops level?

2. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Course you can so long as what you’re using is solid and won’t move.

You could place them on a bed of wet concrete or strong mortar mix. Level them and adjust from there once set.