Anyone watching

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Isitreally, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Tyro

Tyro Member

Odd how things change, isn't it?

The Royal Mail takes a week to send a letter seventy miles within the UK, but I can order a computer part from Shanghai on Monday and be installing it on Thursday. Free P&P as well...

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I asked for your working out and you came out with rubbish, this is you defending your figures and you can't.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What is your point?

4. Tyro

Tyro Member

The figures IIR posted do show very clearly that we export more outside the EU than we do to the EU. In what sense are they rubbish?

5. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I came up with a factual chart, all be it only the top ten as i didn't see the point in showing it all as you were questioning the fact that we export more worldwide then the EU which the chart clearly shows as its the 1st line. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It didn't even have a title and there was no reference to what the figures meant.

7. Tyro

Tyro Member

That the modern ease of global trade means the trade advantages of the EU, whilst doubtless vital in the 1970s, aren't really that great any more.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It showed nothing clearly, it was a list of countries and some numbers.

9. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Do you realise that your fellow Leavers on this forum would have voted for Le Pen had they been French? And does that give you pause at all?

10. Tyro

Tyro Member

Did you miss the column headings then?

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So being a part of a global bloc as opposed to a small country is unimportant?

12. Tyro

Tyro Member

And if Bob was a woman she'd be my auntie. But he isn't. In just the same way, British Leave voters aren't French, let alone French FN voters.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Where is England mentioned?

14. Tyro

Tyro Member

In the era of globalised free trade, yes.

The EU has been overtaken by events. The WTO, of which the EU is a member and the UK a founder member, was set up to reduce trade barriers (tariff and non-tariff) around the whole world. It's done remarkably well at it, too, and is still working towards its ultimate aim of no trade barriers anywhere.

As such, the EU's internal single market is very far from unique and the advantages it confers are much less than was the case up until the mid-90s. Trade blocs are of decreasing importance, a factor that is not going to reverse itself any time soon.

15. Tyro

Tyro Member

It's not obvious that the subject of the chart is the United Kingdom's trade balance by country?

16. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

So that doesn't give you pause? Not even that some of the Leavers on here are demonstrably racist?

It would me, if I were a deciding Leaver.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It doesn't say that so no. Are you very gullible?

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sorry but this is laughable.

19. Tyro

Tyro Member

It's absurd to suggest that if British Leave voters were French they'd have voted for Le Pen. We've got our own Nazis in this country, for whom British people can vote. They generally get a couple of hundred votes and have never come even remotely close to providing an MP.

Quite possibly there are Leavers on here who are racist. I don't speak for them and they don't speak for me, but each of us, and you, has a vote and we must cast it as we see fit.

There are a lot of Remain voters who are insufferably condescending prigs who openly deride anyone who disagrees with them as uneducated bigots. I am quite sure you are not like that, but does it not give you pause to be voting the same way as them? After all, if they were German they'd be CDU voters. (See how much sense your comparison makes?)

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Apart from the remain thing you are describing RS who's already had a ban for being a racist.