Apprientice wages

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by markysparky, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Adam Amp

Adam Amp New Member

I've taken my son on as an apprentice, seems to be working out so far. I intend to hand the business over to him in the future so he is motivated and keen to learn.
    I won't force him if he decides the job is not for him he is free to try something else.
    So my advice is if you can't recruit a good lad, produce your own, you've only your self to blame if he turns out to be a little **.....

[Edited by: forum admin]

2. l00pd0g

l00pd0g New Member

I've just set a 25 yr old on, and he gets 50 squid a week more money than what I do!

I reckon, Mark, that you should pay him what you feel he's worth. Sod the JIB rates, and sod anyone who thinks you're ripping him off, despite the fact that they have never even met the guy. If he's making you good money, then reward him, but if he's not then pay him accordingly.

Take his mobile phone off him as well at the beginning of each day. You pay him to work for you, not text his bird all day long.

<u>Loops</u>

3. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

May be if you pay him a quid or two more and let hime carry on Textin' he'll let you 'av a go' of his Bird! ;)

4. Hagg@r

Hagg@r New Member

I can not believe what i am reading, you guys have appys who are not interested, i am an adult well 33yoa and i have just started an adult apprentice course. The work that i will be doing is house rewires, its hard work but i am glad to be getting the oppertunity as there is not alot availible to the older man (read over 25) in Glasgow. So what i am trying to say,
    a) these appys dont know how lucky they are to be getting the chance to learn a good trade.
    b)Why dont you guys how might be looking for an apprentice think of an adult apprentice.

I can speak for myself and the other guys who are on my course when i say that we are keen to WORK and LEARN.

Haggar

5. l00pd0g

l00pd0g New Member

Now there's food for thought, Haggis.

<u>Loops</u>

6. l00pd0g

l00pd0g New Member

Sorry, I'll get muh coat.