Aqualisa digital shower recommendations?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Scampi_Scamp, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Scampi_Scamp

Scampi_Scamp New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have been advised that a digital shower is the way forward. We have an unvented hot water system with accumulator, so we don't need a pump etc.

Apparently Aqualisa digital showers are very good, and I wondered if you can recommend a particular model?

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

I'd suggest Bristan digi shower tbh - good value and work well

3. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Active Member

Why introduce something electronic into a perfectly good, simple water system just for the sake of it?

I'd stick a nice Mira Excel EV onto the hot and cold pipes. Mine is 13 years old and still looking and working
    like new. And when it finally plays up (probably tonight now...), I can put in a new cartridge and it will be
    good for another umpteen years.

If you insist, the occasional Aqualisa digital showers I've been involved with seem fine when they're installed.
    I've had to replace one a few years old which had packed up outside its warranty for a customer once (but
    never an Excel).

Heat likes this.
  4. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

+1 for keep it simple.
    You have the good pressure cold and hot water, so just needs a thermostatic valve and shower head/handset

5. Scampi_Scamp

Scampi_Scamp New Member

Just to give some extra info. Currently we don’t have a shower, only a bath. We are renovating a bathroom from the 70s so everything will be ripped out. A blank canvas to play with :)

6. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Active Member

+2 keep the shower simple

Heat likes this.