Aqualisa Digital Shower replacement?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sinewave, Nov 13, 2013.

1. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

We, against better, advice bought a Aqualisa Digital back in 2010.

The unit is electrically 'dead' at the control end and has been a bit sporadic in it's on/off control for months.

TBH, it's a bag of ***** so I'd like to replace it with something better.

I have hot and cold above the ceiling which is accessible so need a suface mounted mixer of some description?

Any recommendations chaps?

2. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

3. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Yes the Aqaulisa has a single surface mounted 25mm tube in tube design that couples up to the two 15mm feeds above the ceiling.

Ideally I'd like a Mixer with this arrangement or at worst 2 x single surface mounted drops to the Mixer valve?

4. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Probably not what your looking for sine but fitted their electric showers for many years & top quality so I imagine these are equal quality, not sure about pipework though. Through the ceiling perhaps
    Edit, forgot to post the link http://www.redring.co.uk/showers/digital-mixer-showers.html
    http://www.redring.co.uk/emilia-chrome-fixed-through-the-ceiling-shower-head-kit.html

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  5. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Cheers Wal, looks good kit much like the Grohe gear, trouble is the feeds from behind the tiles not from above.

Really want to avoid ripping the Bathroom apart to sink in pipework

6. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Thanks for that, I get the idea now a shower box in the loft controlled by a remote control unit with the H&C going into it and it's just the 25mm mixed feed coming out that you see in the bathroom.

You could bring the H&C down in 15mm chrome tube and the fittings for the surface mounting of that unit are also chrome, so it should look decent.
    More pipes would be on show but definitely a less blippy set up.
    What system do you have for heating your water?
    Tappy,

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Cheers Tappy!

I'm on an ASHP with a 300 litre unvented cylinder at mains pressure.

You're correct, I have 2 x 15mm H&C feeds in the loft where the mixer box gubbins are then the Aqualisa 25-30mm surface mounted mixer coming down the tiles to the On/Off button

8. andy harrold

andy harrold New Member

sinewave.... does your shower not have a 5 year warranty? mind you.... read on!

mine went wrong on the day it was professionally installed, aqualisa soon replaced it. then the controller failed after 2-3 yrs. aqualisa sent me a new one in the post. then at 4.5 yrs the main box in the roof failed. replaced by aqualisa service engineer .
    9 months later it is now out of warranty and yesterday failed again!!! it switches itself on , runs for 3 seconds and then off by itself!! having had noone near it for almost an hour. today it is doing it again and now I have no control at all.
    I will call aqualisa on monday but as it is now out of warranty I guess they will say that I have had my moneysworth!
    time to run a bath, Goodnight!