Aqualisa Visage digital shower Not working anymore..?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Rebecca Parsons, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Rebecca Parsons

Rebecca Parsons New Member

Hi all,

I have a Visage digital shower (2.5 years old) and over the past week it's started playing up where it would intermittently work. You press the button to turn it on, the blue light flashes and can hear the pump whirr but then no water comes out - or sometimes will get spurts of water on and off.

Turning the shower on and off a few times would fix it but it's gradually taking more and more attempts of turning it on and off to get it to work to the point now where we just can't get it to work at all, just a blue flashing light and little/no water. Sometimes some water will even come out after you turn it off.

I've read about air locks and tried the steps posted on their site in order to resolve that but it didn't work.

Just wondered if anyone had a clue to what the issue might be and if it's something I can try and sort out myself before having to give them a call and possibly being charged a fortune?

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

which unit...
    pics please.
    The unit can be repaired...I have one and done it.
    Check inlet filters
    Happy to advise with better info.
    Rs

3. Rebecca Parsons

Rebecca Parsons New Member

4. retiredsparks

Ok...
    Unless you are tech savvy......
    Its going to mean calling in a plumber.....to rip you off till your ears bleed.
    Dont use the company.
    It will be cheaper to get a new unit put in.
    Local sparks might be ..on the ball.... and not take the micky.
    Sorry cant be more help.

Rs

5. CathyH

CathyH New Member

Hi Rebecca, just wondering if you managed to sort out your shower issues as we’re having the exact same issue

6. DPB

DPB New Member

Check that the flexible hose to the shower head has not got a kink in it ( can be difficult to see if metal) and that the shower head is not part or completely blocked. Disconnect hose from control unit and blow throw it. You will soon be able to tell if it's blocked/twisted.

7. CathyH

CathyH New Member

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but don’t think this will be the problem as we are having the issue with the shower in our main bathroom and in the ensuite and it started at the exact same time but will check just to make sure!

8. DPB

DPB New Member

So it 3 showers all having problems at the same time? And are they ALL the same brand / manufacturers?

9. CathyH

CathyH New Member

Hi, it’s 2 showers and yes exact same problems that started at the same time but intermittent, one might work and the other one doesn’t then both work then both don’t, it’s so weird! They r both aqualisa visage bought and installed at the same time!

10. DPB

DPB New Member

Have you checked the tank? Sounds like a water supply issue. Faulty inlet valve on tank? Blocked feed to pump or pumps? Need more details and photos paint a thousand words.

11. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

I would cease using one of them for a while, and see if the other continues to work. maybe that one or the other(or both) is causing an airlock. if you stop using one and the other work flawlessly, you may have found the problem.

12. CathyH

CathyH New Member

Ok thanks, aqualisa are sending someone out on Friday as still under warranty so fingers crossed all will be sorted then, appreciate your suggestions though

13. CathyH

CathyH New Member

Ok thanks, aqualisa are sending someone out on Friday as still under warranty so fingers crossed all will be sorted then, appreciate your suggestion though

14. retiredsparks

Do let us know the result.
    RS

15. CathyH

CathyH New Member

Showers are fixed apparently faulty power packs, whatever they are!

16. retiredsparks