Aqualiser Digital Shower Problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SueJS, May 25, 2019.

1. SueJS

SueJS New Member

Hi All
    We have an Aqualiser Digital Shower that sometimes doesn't work, the water flow is down to a dribble, the light on the controller goes dim, flashes and goes on an off. We can't then turn it off.

This seems to only happen in hot weather. The system is located above the shower in the loft.

Does anyone know if overheating of the processor could be causing this?

Thanks

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

If it's under 5 years old give Aqualisa a call - they will come out and change the box.

The quoted max operating temperature of the box is amazingly low I seem to recall, however I've got two installed and not actually run in to a problem with summer time loft temperatures, yet.

3. SueJS

SueJS New Member

Thanks Jimbo, is there an extended guarantee then or do you mean Aqualisa will charge to repair it?

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

The Aqualiser Digital Range comes with a 5 year guarantee (pump, processor, electronics, etc) - Parts and Labour
    Shower head, risers have 2 years

The 'system' is fine located in the loft, although maximum ambient temp is 40c and must equally be protected against freezing

How old is this shower ?
    Have you registered it with Aqualiser ?
    Do you have proof of purchase ?

Anyway, simply call them in the morning and discuss;

https://www.aqualisa.co.uk/customer-care-service-repairs.html

Good luck :)

5. SueJS

SueJS New Member

Thanks DIYDave and Jimbo, I did contact Aqualisa as you suggested. They confirmed the box is in warranty :) and said we may "experience some irregular activity with processor box if it is situated in the roof space". They suggested we try to keep the loft cool (not sure how we do that!) and to isolate the electrical supply to the processor box when the shower is not in use.

If we still have issues we can book a warranty service call.

Thanks again.

6. JayAreCee

JayAreCee New Member

Hi SueJS,

We are experiencing the same problem with our Aqualisa shower. It is also in the loft space and doesn't work on hot days. What was the resolution of your problem? Were you able to keep the loft cool?

I will be calling Aqualisa too, but any additional information you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks