aquapanel cutting

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Bodgitandlegit, Nov 28, 2008.

1. What's the easiest way to cut aquapanel please? Brought some home from Wickes today and it nearly creased me carrying it in. Doesn't look like a score and snap like plasterboard.

Cheers Les

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Score with a stanley and it snaps a treat.
    Smells awful though............

3. Well I'll give it a go, but I don't feel confident.
    Thanks for your advice. BTW I'm also glad it's friday.

Cheers Les

4. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Score twice and then snap. You need to cut right into the reinforcing mesh for it to snap.

It leaves you with some unevenness on the cut, which is best cleaned up with a rasp.

Or use an old handsaw for a perfect cut.

5. Cheers Bath I'll give it a go.

Les

6. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

screwfix 10599 works ok in the jigsaw but the dust probably wrecks the innards. I just score on 1 side, deeper than you would for plasterboard and snap it over a bit of 2x1 timber. Aquapanel is quite brittle so don't be too tough with it.

7. I did as you suggested, and it snapped beautifully down the line. Didn't find the smell that offensive. The cut line is not clean- lots of crumbly bits to scrape off. Job done, it looks fine.

Cheers Les

8. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Ensure you wear a mask mate, that dust is not good for you!! Remember the 'white mice' in the ship yards. The poor guys that worked in Scottish ship yards, would be called white mice as they would spend their day covered in asbestos dust!!