Architectural carving designs

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by im a martian, Dec 14, 2003.

1. im a martian

im a martian New Member

I intend to replace the fascia on my carport and add a couple of corbels underneath joined by some relief carved scrolls or something similar; plus replace a large wooden bracket which is supporting my porch, with a subtlely carved bracket.

My problem is inspiration for the design. Can anyone suggests a source for examples of this type of work, books websites etc?

Thanks

2. ~StevieB~

~StevieB~ New Member

I was a member of the craftsman society , they sell books which cover what you're lookin for....and for the life of me I can't find the address...I quit the club after I bought all the books that I was interested in, but they still send through a catologue now and again..I'll post the address the next time they send it through...or if anyone else has the addy then please post for da martian.

~StevieB~
    :)

3. im a martian

im a martian New Member

Thanks StevieB, i'd appreciate that.

Anyone know of any good websites to get me started though?

4. WOLF

WOLF New Member

for the craftsman society book club, ring 0870-4422030 for customer services, to order a catalogue, or write to readers union ltd, brunel house, forde close, newton abbot, devon, tq12-4pu, and one good thing about the club, is that unlike nearly all other clubs, you do not have to order any set amounts over xyz period, as the blurb states, no commitment, no catches, we promise... and they do to.. i give newbie's a copy to look at to obtain good quality reference books